top of page
anchorheader

Jake Cuenca reveals 'The Iron Heart' finale to be shot in Japan


MANILA, September 25 ------ After shooting in Cebu, Iloilo, Rome and Tivoli in Italy, the finale of the top-rating primetime action-drama series, “The Iron Heart,” which stars Richard Gutierrez with Jake Cuenca, and Albert Martinez, will be shot in Tokyo, Japan in the first week of October. “They already announced the finale of ‘The Iron Heart’ and we’re down to our last three weeks,” Cuenca told ABS-CBN News. “Kasabay ng announcement namin ng finale, we’re reaching our highest ratings and highest Internet views.”


On September 11, “The Iron Heart” drew an all-time high of 451,538 live concurrent views on YouTube. “We’re gearing now to shoot the finale in Japan, with just me and Richard,” announced Cuenca. “Na-pressure ang production after we shot in Italy. We have to do a better finale. It’s going to be crazy. This is the biggest fight that we’re going to shoot, so far.”


Cuenca and Gutierrez will be leaving for Japan on October 1, the day after the ABS-CBN Ball. “We attend the ball September 30 and the following day, we fly to Tokyo at night,” Cuenca shared. “I’ve already been rehearsing our fights for a week now, even here in Manila. There’s this tendency na ‘pag patapos na, you kind of want to take your foot off the gas. Kami ni Richard, we said, ‘No way.’ We are going to slam dunk this home. “We’re going to deliver the best ending we’re ever going to make. So that’s what Richard and I kept on doing lately. We keep on motivating and hyping each other. We’re really preparing each other to come up with an ending that people will not forget.” Cuenca is aware that Japan, as the location of the “The Iron Heart” finale, comes with its own challenges. The country has many restrictions. “We cannot use guns there,” Cuenca said. “Without guns, we really have to be technical with the fight. Really mano-a-mano. But we said, it wouldn’t be ‘The Iron Heart’ without the challenges. It wouldn’t be ‘The Iron Heart’ if it’s too easy.” Cuenca’s recent Instagram post showed him practicing with the katana sword. “We are now in that stage,” he beamed. “We want to show something for the first time on Philippine television.”


After a year on primetime TV, the entire cast is proud about “The Iron Heart,” megged by three directors – Lester Pimentel Ong, Richard Arellano and Ian Loreños. “We’re particularly very proud of this project because it’s all hard work and sacrifice,” Cuenca granted. “There were certain days that we were injured and we went to the set bleeding. But because you love what you do, you will really man up. You’re not at your best on certain days, but you have to do your work.” Cuenca disclosed that before “The Iron Heart” was shown in November last year, ABS-CBN had to rush the airing even without a promo plan. “When Richard and I look back, there were a lot of things not yet in place when we started airing,” Cuenca recalled. “But we already had a slot. So, it was either we took it at that time or wait five years before they gave a slot to us.” With everything that he has done this year – “The Iron Heart,” the thriller series “Cattleya Killer” and the police sitcom, “Jack and Jill sa Diamond Hills,” with Sue Ramirez on TV5 – Cuenca cannot be any prouder for the projects. "To be honest, sa ‘The Iron Heart’ sepanx [separation anxiety] na kami,” he said. “We are really a family. It makes me teary-eyed whenever I think about it. Of course, the show is so special because we felt like we’ve been through so many things.”


Source: news.abs-cbn.com

Comments


bottom of page