No proof yet nCoV is airborne, says DOH


February 11 ------ The Department of Health (DOH) on Monday said there is no conclusive evidence yet showing that the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is an airborne disease. In a press briefing, Health Undersecretary Eric Domingo said the World Health Organization (WHO) is still studying the possibility that 2019-nCoV is an airborne infection. “They said that there’s nothing conclusive about it at this time. It’s still being studied by the WHO but of course, you know, precautions are still to be taken,” he said. “Until we’re given any hard evidence, right now, the WHO has not classified it as an airborne infection.”


The 2019-nCoV has so far claimed over 900 lives and infected over 40,000 others worldwide. In the Philippines, there are three confirmed 2019-nCoV cases while over 300 people are under investigation for possible infection.


Source: gmanetwork.com